- How to get started integrating with BigID
- Where you can find resources to start your integration
- What to do after your integration is created
Decide Your Use Case
BigID provides insights into the data stored in real-world systems. This allows BigID to be used broadly in three different domains: privacy, protection, and perspective.
People have used BigID for fulfilling privacy law compliance requirements, detecting data breaches, creating self-service data inventories, and more.
Think of what you would want to create if you knew everything about all of your organization's data, then we can worry about how to get that information out of BigID in the next steps.
Choose your Integration Option
Next, you need to choose how you want to integrate with BigID. The BigID API, BigID Apps, and BigID Connectors all serve different purposes and work better for different use cases. We have a listing of the integration options and their use cases on the page BigID Integration Options.
- If you want to automate tasks or use a data science desktop application - Use the BigID API
- If you want to add new functionality to BigID or interface with other systems - Make a BigID App
- If you want to gain insight into a new type of system using BigID - Make a BigID Connector
Create Your Integration
The BigID API allows you to perform any action that you can trigger from the BigID UI programatically. See our API tutorials here to get started.
Learn how to create Interactive and Utility Apps at our two-day AppDev Pro Class. Learn more about the class and how to sign up on the AppDev Classes page.
Learn how to create connectors at our one-day ConnectorDev Pro Class. Learn more about the class and how to sign up on the ConnectorDev Classes page.
Additional details about our connectors are available on the Connectors page
Publish Your Integration
BigID Apps and Connectors can be published on the BigID Marketplace or the BigID Community. See the steps and requirements to publish on each on the Publish page.